The Faculty of Pharmacy was established in 1957, although the training of pharmacists dates back until the year 1921. At the beginning the duration of the training was 2 years and rose to 4 years from 1940. From 1957 the pharmacy students had to study for 4.5 years, while from 1988 the training reached the current 5 year period. The provision of pharmacy education in a foreign language (English) dates back to 1987. The structure of the education and the methods are based on those used in the pharmacy training in Hungarian, which is fully in harmony with the requirements of the EU. The Academic Program offered by the Faculty of Pharmacy leads to the degree of Doctor of Pharmacy from 2009.